Trauma-Informed Parenting Class
This class takes a unique, relationship-based approach to parenting traumatized children and those with attachment challenges. This approach provides a trauma-informed explanation of “acting out” behaviors. Caregivers will learn how children escalate through behaviors, as well as how to respond to help their children during these times. When children and caregivers expand their ability to emotionally tolerate stressful situations, behavior naturally improves. The class is appropriate for biological parents, adoptive parents, foster parents, and kinship-care providers.
Some Program Topics
- Emotional regulation and dysregulation
- Window of stress tolerance
- Trauma and memory
- Acting out behaviors, i.e. lying, stealing, aggression, etc.
- Signs and stages of verbal and behavioral escalation
- Caregiver responses to decrease escalation
- Setting appropriate and enforceable limits
September 13 – September 29th, 2021
Mondays 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Wednesdays 6:00- 7:30 PM
ONLINE – ZOOM
Intake paperwork will need to be filled out and turned in to ChildSafe before the first class in order to attend
There is no cost for this class, it is funded by a grant donation.
Book is Included
Email email@example.com or call (970)472-4133 to enroll!