Linton Elementary Music
PSD Elementary Music just adopted the Quaver Marvelous World of Music curriculum which is a great resource that uses Smartboard lessons. This series also has movement instructions, and Orff and recorder lessons to augment the curriculum. Linton has a wide variety of Orff instruments, hand drums, recorders, Little Kids Rock curriculum materials and instruments, and many manipulative tools to learn music.
In addition to this curriculum we use the PSD Music Memory series. This is a fun and active study of famous composers, such as Bach, Beethoven, Bernstein, Mozart, and Williams, and their unforgettable works. It is written for K-5 with lessons geared for each grade level. Linton also uses the John Jacobson Music Express Magazine for grades K-5. Music classes are 50 minutes in length.
1. 1st grade performance is April 5, 2018
2. 2nd grade performance is on April 26. 2018
3. 3rd grade performance is on November 16, 2017
4. 4th grade performance is on November 2, 2017
5. 5th grade performance is on February 15, 2018
6. 4th and 5th graders will go to the Fort Collins Symphony YES concert on January. 18, 2018
7. The Kindergarten performance is on May11, 2018 during their Specials time.
Performances are held at 7:00 PM in the Linton Gymnasium
All program dates/times are subject to change to meet the schedules of Linton staff or due to unforeseen circumstances.
The Linton Pride Choir is an open choir for 4th and 5th graders, no audition needed. They meet on Wednesday and Friday mornings from 7:30 - 8:10 AM.
The PSD Elementary Honor Choir Concert is on Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 7:00 PM at the Fort Collins Lincoln Center.